TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entries are open to all Australian residents over the age of 25. Entries close 3:00 PM AEST 15th February 2024
TERMS & CONDITIONS
|PROMOTER||Accolade Wines Australia Limited (ACN 008 273 907), Level 10, 10 Franklin Street, Adelaide SA 5000.|
|ENTRY RESTRICTIONS||Open only to Australian residents aged 25.
Entrants who are not eligible to participate are listed below:
1. management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, agencies, firms or companies associated with the promotion;
2. a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred in paragraph 1 of these Entry Restrictions.
|COMPETITION PERIOD||07:30 AM AEDT on 24/11/2023 to11:59 PM AEDT on 15/02/2024|
|ENTRY METHOD||To enter the promotion, participants must, during the Competition Period, nominate themselves or any other person that is “leaving their mark” on society and visit https://promo.experiencewine.com/leaveyourmark fully complete and submit the entry form as prompted, providing all requested information including their first name, last name, date of birth, address, number email address and a summary on how they are “leaving their mark”.
Entries which in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
(a) are received outside of the Competition Period;
(b) contain defamatory, offensive or inappropriate content or infringe intellectual property rights;
(c) are incomplete or indecipherable; or
|PRIZE DETAILS||The prize consists of a certificate created by the Promoter, publication of the winners in The Guardian and an invitation (ticket) for two people to attend the awards dinner in Melbourne valued at $200 per ticket (inc GST) (flights and accommodations not included in the Prize).
If the winner(s) cannot attend the awards dinner in Melbourne, this portion of the prize will be forfeited by the winner(s) and no substitute will be offered by the Promoter.
This promotion is in paid partnership with Guardian Labs.
|PRIZE POOL||The overall total prize pool is valued at $12,000 (inc GST).|
|ENTRY LIMITS||Entrants may enter as many times as they wish, provided that each entry is based on the nomination of a different person.|
|CRITERIA||30 winners will be chosen at the discretion of the judging panel based on the applicants’ entries. Judging criteria include, but are not limited to:
|WINNER DETERMINATION DATE||Entries will be judged and the winning entries will be selected by the Promoter on by05.00PM AEDT on 23/02/2024 via an online conference led by the Promoter’s Public Relations Team at 121 Harrington Street, Sydney|
|WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PUBLICATION||The 30 winners will be notified in writing by email on 29/02/2024|
1. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
2. The competition will be conducted during the Competition Period.
3. If entries must be submitted online, each entrant may receive a return online notification confirming their successful entry into the competition. By entering this competition, entrants consent to receiving this electronic message.
4. Entries must be received during the Competition Period (or such other date as is specified in these conditions). Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter and not at the time of submission by the entrant. . The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses or aliases may be disqualified. If applicable, entrants are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the Internet. Automatically generated entries will not be accepted. If entries must be submitted on a entry form, only original entry forms will be accepted. Entry forms and promotional vouchers from any other competition or offer are not valid for this competition.
5. Entries will be judged and the winning entry/entries will be selected by the Promoter on the Winner Determination Date.
6. This competition is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner(s). Each valid entry will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) based on, among other things, the Criteria. The judges’ decision regarding all aspects of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The prize(s) are as stated in the Prize Details. The prize(s) are subject to any additional conditions specified by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers, including any periods of validity where relevant.
8. The winner(s) will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification and Publication. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
9. Entrants must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the receipt of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
10. The Promoter may require entrants to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
11. If a entry is deemed not to comply with these terms and conditions, the entry will be discarded.
12. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The prize(s) are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize or any element of a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize or element of that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
15. If a prize includes attending an event, the prize must be taken on the dates as specified by the Promoter and/or prize supplier to coincide with the event date/s. If any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, then at the Promoter’s discretion, the winner(s) forfeits all rights to attend the relevant event and no cash or alternative tickets will be substituted for the prize.
16. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury (including, without limitation, allergies, skin conditions or other reactions), illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
17. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to prizes or be liable for any damage that occurs to prizes whilst they are displayed on premise at an Outlet. Delivery of prizes (where included as part of the offer) is within Australia only.
18. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this offer using Facebook. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
19. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
20. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from the receipt of prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where this offer involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
21. Enjoy alcohol responsibly. Consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol – see: www.nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/publications/australian-guidelines-reduce-health-risks-drinking-alcohol. See also the NSW Standard Drink and Preventing Intoxication Guidelines at www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/working-in-the-industry/serving-alcohol-responsibly/standard-drink-guidelines-and-preventing-intoxication.l
a) how entrants can seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them and seek the correction of such information;
b) how entrants can complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint; and
c) whether entrants’ personal information the Promoter holds will be provided to overseas companies, and if so, which countries those companies are located.